The Problem: The Real “Midlife Crisis”
According to the CDCP:
• More than one in three people in the United States is obese, a step above being overweight
• The average obese woman gets the equivalent of one hour of exercise per year
• Eighty-two percent of African American women, 77.2% of Hispanic women & 63% of White women are overweight or obese.
• Over half of Black women are obese
Negative Effects of Obesity
• Bone Problems
• Breathing Problems
• Deep Vein Thrombosis
• Heart Attacks
• High Blood Pressure
• High Cholesterol
• Increased Sweating
• Joint Problems
• Type 2 Diabetes
• Fewer Employment Opportunities
• Limited Mobility
• Lower Life Expectancy
• Low Self-Esteem
• Social Discrimination
You probably had no idea that obesity was the cause of all these lifestyle issues. We understand that you’re busy juggling life, family, work, relationships and education and as a result, you fall to the bottom of your “to-do” list. You may not even be on your list! We also understand that overweight and obese populations are at pandemic proportions and needs to be addressed within the community at-large. It is incumbent upon all women to band together for the sake of our health and longevity to change our thinking about food and fitness and begin to make healthier choices. We must do it for ourselves as well as our families. The good news is that these lifestyle dis-eases can all be reversed!
Please visit here for additional inspiration, information and tips.