We’re calling it “Motivation Monday”! Not to dismiss the other days of the week, look for blog posts on “Tone it up Tuesday,” “Workout Wednesday,” “Touch me Thursday,” “Food for Thought Friday,” and “Save Yourself Saturday!”
Here are some interesting statistics from about the first workday of the week:
1. Most people see Monday as so demoralizing that they can’t bear to crack a smile until 11:16 am
2. The most preferred way to beat Monday blues is by watching television or having sex
3. Over 50% of employees are late to work on Monday after struggling to get up after the weeend
4. Most people complain about it being Monday for at least 12 minutes
5. People between the ages of 45 and 54 are likely to suffer the most Monday blues
6. Workers only manage 3 ½ hours of productive work on Mondays (Productivity rate is below 30%)
7. Monday is the most likely day to commit suicide (16% male / 17% female)
8. A British medical journal reported a 20% increase in heart attacks on Mondays
9. Monday is the least rainy day of the week
10. Monday is the best day to buy a car!
According to Psychology Today, motivation is “literally the desire to do things. It’s the difference between waking up before dawn to pound the pavement and lazing around the house all day. It’s the crucial element in setting and attaining goals—and research shows you can influence your own levels of motivation and self-control.”
It can be a challenge to motivate yourself to do even the most menial tasks, so this page and forthcoming blog posts are designed to give you some words of encouragement and inspiration. There were days in the past when I found it a chore to get up and get going myself, so if that’s where you’re at, I feel you.
It was only until I began putting my techniques into practice, that I started to feel better, then one day I found myself literally jumping out of bed, enthusiastic about what the day would bring! I’m filled with gratitude and joy because for years I lived with chronic low back pain and now I’m able to move again like I did in my youth. Since our emphasis is on fitness, health, nutrition and wellbeing, this will be the intention set for our inspiration. Feel free to allow these Wisdom Words to inspire you regardless of your goal. We encourage your success in the desires of your heart! So turn that frown up-side-down, figure out what you want and let’s power through the pain period together, so you can start being who you desire to be.